Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ok, so don't love driving on ice

I like getting off work at 1:45pm....that is, as long as the reason isn't because we are having Giant Ice Storm 2006. Unfortunately, today, that was the reason we were sent home early. I was a little apprehensive as I have not yet had the opportunity to drive my new car in the snow and ice and, I wasn't too sure if I had an ice scraper or not (thanks to my co-worker Ann for hookin' me up with her extra one, because even if I did have one, I wouldn't have been able to get to it because my trunk was frozen shut....). So, it only took about 15 minutes to de-ice my car and get it in driveable condition. Then then fun began. My drive was uneventful until I was on Hwy 170. There I was, minding my own business, intently staring at the road ahead of me (and watching the crack in my windshield expand.....), when, out of nowhere, I see a Chrysler LeBaron heading STRAIGHT TOWARD ME. Not good, I thought to myself. Seems the LeBaron lost control, was swerving across 2-3 lanes of traffic, righted itself and headed IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. My options were limited at this point, since I could either 1. swerve and risk sliding into the median wall or 2. let him hit me. Luckily, neither of the two happened. I was able to get into another lane (the only one the LeBaron wasn't in) and made it safely past him. Not sure if the other drivers behind me were as lucky. After that-smooth sailing. I mean, sure, it took me over an hour to get home, but I am here now, safe and sound, the rest of the day ahead of me.................I think I'm gonna take a nap. All I hear is ice hitting my window. Haven't heard my obnoxious neighbor blow his nose yet, so maybe it'll be a good day after all.

No comments: