Friday, December 01, 2006

Drivin' in a winter wonderland....or something like that

Uh, yea.........there is a tree in my yard right now. Good times. I was praying that my cell phone was gonna ring this morning and it would be my supervisor telling me we didn't have to come in-that didn't happen, however, so here I am, at work. It only took me an hour and a half to get here. Didn't think I'd make it at first as I couldn't move my car from it's parking spot. But I got out and the drive was fairly uneventful. We have a skeleton crew at work today. Those of us that made it are the survivors-the toughest of the tough. We are actually gonna get all our cases done and high-tail it home. We pleaded to our hospitals to call us early, mine, however, are not real sympathetic as they are all in Kansas City and they got hit with the same crappy weather we did. SO not fun right now. Everyone, please be careful out there. It's a big freakin' mess. Hey Canada-are you laughing at us Yankees panicking about the weather? We aren't seasoned veterans at dealing with the snow and ice like our friendly neighbors to the north.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly enough we do not handle the snow that well up here in Vancouver. It seems like no one knows how to drive in it, and it shuts almost everything down. We just had a snowstorm ourselves.

KD said...

Well this is crap! We were supposed to have girls nite out tonite. Now I have to stay home and watch Dateline. So not cool.