Sunday, December 24, 2006

Happy friggin' Christmas Eve!

No, I'm not really angry and bitter. "Friggin" is one of my dad's favorite words (yes, he has lived in the country for too long), so, today's title is an ode to my daddy.

Well, happy Christmas Eve to all! What have I done so far today? Well, glad you asked. I slept in until 9am (oooohhh.....), I then completed the msnbc crossword AND the jigsaw puzzle (I know, I rock), I did some laundry and now I am blogging to the sounds of Lionel Ritchies Greatest Hits (hey, don't knock it until you try it, alright?). Reading over this paragraph, I realize just how sad my life has become. Wow. Why didn't anyone tell me???? I had no clue......

Anyway, I'm chillin' at home until my parents and brother get in town. We are having the Baumgartner Family Christmas tonight at Aunt Jan's house. Between now and then I will have to work up the energy to shower and actually get dressed (I didn't change out of my pajamas at all yesterday. Pretty pathetic, huh?). After the family fun times, we'll go to church for the candlelight service (my favorite-there is just something about the entire church singing "Silent Night" with nothing but candles lighting the church. I love it). Tomorrow, we will be venturing out to St. Charles to visit the Davidson side of the family. There is nothing scarier than a good 25-30 Davidson's in one room. Seriously. After that, my family will go home and I will go home to my empty apartment and be all alone on Christmas night. Sounds pretty sad, huh? It actually kinda is......

No comments: