Saturday, December 09, 2006

Grandpa and the mannequin

I never want to hear my grandfather making inappropriate comments about the mannequins in the short skirts and telling his grand daughters that he is "hard up" EVER again! Needless to say, a trip to the mall with grandpa is never lacking in entertainment. Nor is taking him to IHOP for his birthday lunch.....lunch was going fine until our very sweet waitress asked what grandpa's name was, then all of a sudden every single IHOP employee started clapping and requesting the entire restaurant pay attention and help celebrate Bob's birthday. Then they proceeded to sing this hip hop version of "Happy Birthday". Grandpa got into it-even clapped some himself. My sister and I just sat there and laughed. Wow. No wonder I have a massive headache right now. Oh wait, maybe I have a headache because of the shot of peppermint schnapps Grandpa made us do at 11:00 in the morning!!!!! Yea, that may have something to do with it. Nothing like getting your buzz on before dining at IHOP......After that, I helped my friend Erin house hunt. Our friend Carrie is a real estate agent, so we went driving around looking at places-it was way fun. Maybe someday I'll be a big girl and be ready to buy a house. Someday. Right now, I think I'm gonna lay down because seriously, my head freakin' hurts.

Oh, J, hope you are recovering from your surgery. Don't take too many Vicodin mister!!!!!!!

No comments: