Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good news-my mom lived through her surgery

Not being melodramatic at all..........no, seriously, my mom did have surgery this morning. She is apparently doing well and I am sure is enjoying her new script for pain meds...now the fun begins. See, my mother is not the most well behaved patient in the world (you know it's true mother, don't lie!). The last time she had this shoulder surgery done, she threw the imobilizer across the room at one point and refused to do her physical therapy. And I won't even get into the time she refused to drink the chalky stuff for her colonoscopy (I'm pretty sure she may have said some curse words to the tech). My dad may be in for a long week....Again, if she is still doing icky this weekend, I'll come home and relieve dad of his nursing duties (and maybe snag some Vicodin or something. Payment for all my hard work, don't you know?).

No comments: