Friday, December 29, 2006

Another holiday weekend-LOVE IT!

Ok, so last night at the crisis line it was kinda boring. We were going 30-45 minutes in between calls, that is, until my last 10 minutes of my shift (of course). I ended up getting out of there nearly 30 minutes late, got home at 11pm, fell asleep sometime after midnight and was up again at 6:20am. I'm a little sleepy today. But hyper.

I am heading to Salem after work tonight to help take care of my invalid mother. She initially told me she didn't need me to come down, however, called me back about 20 minutes later and said "yea, dad says it may be a good idea for you to go ahead and come down". I think he may be tired of playing nursemaid........I don't mind though. It's my mommy. I'll probably come back to STL for New Years Eve, although I don't really plan to go out. My friend Carrie is hosting Losers Night In, so I may attend that. I've really only gone out for New Years twice in my life-once in 1999 when the world was supposedly gonna end the moment it turned 2000-I figured may as well party it up one last time. The other time was last year with J. I remember very early in the evening (probably around 8 or 9pm), J asked me if I intended to drink Captain Morgan all night (I'd already had quite a few), I'm sure I said "yes". I remember doing shots with strangers at the bar and making lots of new friends. I know I made it to midnight, but probably not much afterward and I do remember passing out once home. Good times. None of that behavior this year.

No comments: