Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sick Day

Uh yea....it's after 11am on a Wednesday and I just got up. I'm home from work sick, people! And not sick in the head, like usual. I knew I haven't felt right all week. I'd been overwhelmingly tired since Saturday. I thought it was because I went out all weekend and am too damn old for that, but when I still felt that way Monday and Tuesday, I knew whatever illness was going around had caught up with me. I called my boss at 5:30 this morning (why I was awake at that time, I have no idea) and let them know I was staying home today.

I am so tired I can barely move. I have the typical head cold stuff: ears stuffed up, whole head hurts, coughing up crap, you know. And I have ZERO energy. Now, it used to be a long running family joke that KD always got really sick on or around Christmas. Every year, without fail, I'd usually have some sort of sinus infection or something. The last couple of years, I had been illness free. Well, I guess not anymore. Hopefully, this will pass before Christmas. I can't imagine feeling this crappy for another five days.....

In better news, our Christmas party for my team at work last night was fun, even if I was kinda out of it and freezing (fever, anyone?). My Secret Santa ended up being Mikey-poo. Mikey-you were an awesome Secret Santa. Supplied me with Diet Coke often. In fact, he even delivered it himself one day, saying "uh, this is from your Secret Santa". Nice. The best gift was the pad of post-it notes I got. It has a picture of a man and a woman and it says "We ended the relationship as friends. You can email him at lying-cheating-son-of-a-bitch.com". Isn't that hilarious? Ok, maybe the best gift were the mini bottles of alcohol that Melissa brought....yea, I scored three mini bottles of Captain Morgan, and I ain't sharin'!

Ok, I've been awake for 30 minutes now. I think it's about time to pop some Dayquil and go back to bed. Nighty night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why I haven't heard back from you today.

Anonymous said...

Get lots of sleep and get better for the holidays

KD said...

Thanks RP! I slept till 11 yesterday, went back to sleep from 1-4, then to bed at about 8:30...I'm back at work today, but my boss thinks I have strep throat...not good....