Monday, December 25, 2006

Nothing like hurlin' on Christmas Day

Uhhhhh......yea. I told you I didn't feel good. You know it's bad when I am begging dad to pull off the highway to stop at a public rest stop-so I can throw up. Now, I do have a tendency to get car sick, but never actually get physically sick. Until today. It was ugly. I'll spare you the details. Needless to say, I don't think I'll ever eat deer sausage again. Ugh.
Other than that, Christmas was good. Christmas Eve last night at Aunt Jan's was fun. No one got drunk though, I'm a little disappointed in that. Everyone was there except for my cousin Ben, who is still stationed in Qatar (how do you spell it???). Tim and I hung with the little cousins and watched "A Christmas Story" ("you'll shoot your eye out!"). Dinner was great, my deviled eggs were a hit (duh!). I got lots of great stuff-as usual, my mom and dad were WAY too good to me (Bath and Body Works stuff, candles, my favorite lip gloss, jammies, gift certificates....). I got a framed poem from Grandpa about grand-daughters, almost made me cry (I have been very teary the last few days....), it was really sweet. We did the annual family photos by the Christmas tree (Michael and I reminisced about the first Christmas with grandchildren-it was just me and him, sure, we weren't even a year old, but we were the original grandchildren! Sadly, that was 30 freakin' years ago).
After a sleepless night at Grandpa's last night, we trekked on over to St. Charles to see the Davidson side of the family. There were a whole lotta Davidson's in one room, kinda scary. I think I will finally get my windshield fixed-my cousin Brian works at the Glass Doctor, he said he could replace my windshield for $50. Where do I sign???? All my cousin's kids are so cute-that baby Hunter was precious! It was great to see everyone. We left mid afternoon to head to Salem (why did I go to Salem, you may ask? Well, it's simple. The thought of sitting in my apartment by myself on Christmas night was just too depressing to take. Mom and dad suggested I come home with them since they are coming back to St. Louis on Tuesday for Mom's surgery, so, here I am in Salem). Driving down Hwy 44, I felt a bit nauseated, but figured I'd just go to sleep. No such luck. As I sit here now, watching Deal or No Deal with the fam, I am feeling much better (throwing up everything you've eaten that day will do that to ya). Stubby is happy to have her humans home. I hope to have some Christmas pictures up here soon. Especially the one mom took of me and Stubby passed out on the bed. It was nice.
Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope your day was better than mine!

2 comments:

clinton said...

it was good to see the happy you, cousin. and incase you haven't heard it yet have a wonderful holiday season and i'll see you ben's wedding.

KD said...

Yea, the "happy Kerri" is almost 100% back...good to see you too cousin! thanks again for bringing that couch by last night. I'll see you in june! BE GOOD!