Tuesday, November 14, 2006

the Idiot People strike again

Yep, it's raining in St. Louis, you know what that means-the Idiot People are out and about. You know who I'm talking about-the people that think the rain gives them a license to drive like, well, idiots. Take the moron who sped past me on Jamieson this morning-even though there wasn't another lane. Or the fools on 170 involved in the four car pile-up, real nice people, real nice. And can I tell you, no one told me to bring my swimsuit to work. I arrived to find our parking lot is like a freakin' swimming pool today. No, I really am not cranky today (I know it's hard to tell), despite the fact that I literally got no sleep last night. I have got to stop obsessing about it, I think. I was up every hour, on the hour. Really not cool. Then I just waited until it was time to get up. Then I drove with the Idiot People. So, it's been a pretty eventful day so far and it's only 9:30am. I did arrive to work and discovered that some very nice person had put a one pound bag of Skittles on my desk-isn't that awesome? I used to have a Skittles Fairy at the crisis line, and now it seems the Skittles Fairy has found me again. LOVIN' IT!

Speaking of the crisis line-I'M BACK BABY! Yes, I've made the decision to take on a second job. Glutton for punishment? Maybe. Broke as hell-definitely. I think it will work out well. I am working PRN (meaning "as needed" for those that don't know), so basically I will just sign up for shifts when I feel like it, as long as I work a bare minimum per week, which is no biggie. I've been thinking of getting a part-time job for awhile now, going back just made sense since I already know how to do the job and already know (and like) all of the people there. I think it will be a good thing. And, when I will actually have a bit more financial stability (isn't that what we all want????), it will definitely be a good thing.

So, be careful out there party people. Watch out for the Idiots. Don't become one of them.

No comments: