Monday, November 13, 2006

The sleep gods hate me.....and other crazy thoughts

I mean seriously, I guess it is just not in the cards for me to actually sleep one freakin' night without waking up 700 times. I mean, if that's the deal, then I guess I have to be cool with it. I want to scream at the Lunesta commercial with the nice, peaceful butterfly flying by as the person lays down for their nice, uninterrupted night of sleep: LIES! ALL LIES!!!!! DON'T BE FOOLED! YOU WILL STILL TAKE AN HOUR TO FALL ASLEEP AND WILL BE AWAKE AGAIN BY 4:00AM!!! Of course, with all this new time I have on my hands from not sleeping, maybe I'll actually get my Christmas cards done this year. Or actually rearrange my empty apartment, or take up sky-diving. Who knows? The possibilities are endless......

Well, I guess I should get to work. We are totally slammed today in the world of managed care. Apparently, this past weekend was a good weekend to go insane. My friend Mike and I are sure that we both would meet criteria for partial hospitalization, we're not quite bad enough for inpatient, although my symptoms are improving and I may be ready for intensive outpatient soon. Cross your fingers.


***this melodramatic outburst has been brought to you by the makers of sleep aids everywhere that are in a vast conspiracy to make sure KD doesn't get any sleep. thank you and KD approves this message***

No comments: