Thursday, November 23, 2006

that Weird Little Dog


As soon as it came running towards us, I knew it would be a blog subject. After dinner tonight, my family decided to take a walk (to fend off that post-turkey bloat). The dogs, of course, went with us, so off we went down the road where Stubby proceeded to get in the pond. Hank was just so excited that his humans were outside, and, really, I don't think he knew what was going on anyway. As we walked, dad suggested we go see the house the new neighbor is building. That was when it happened. We walked past the other neighbors house and their Weird Little Dog started following us. It's this homely looking German Shepard, which, you may not know, scares the crap out of me (it involves a childhood memory of our German Shepard Susie tossing our kittens and the mama cat in the air until they were dead. When you are witnessing this at age five, it's pretty traumatic, believe me). For some reason this Weird Dog liked me and kept following me. I think she sensed fear. She also sensed that Chloe wanted to beat the living crap out of her. Hank just tried to hump her. Stubby was oblivious to the whole thing. So, as we turned to head back toward the house, I knew that Weird Dog was gonna follow us....and it did. Just hanging out, eating Stubby and Hank's food, not a care in the world. I wonder if it's still outside? It creeps me out, so I'm staying in the house.

No comments: