Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Cubs are buying themselves a team!

It worked for the Mets, now the Cubbies are buying themselves a team. There's hope for 2008 yet! They landed Alfonso Soriano-I've heard of him so I'm guessing he's really good. It's making me excited for the baseball season even though it's quite a ways away. My friend Erin and I did decide we're doing Cubs spring training again in March. Anyone wanna go to Arizona with us? It's some good times, I promise!

So, I actually got some sleep last night, but still need some more. I don't really remember my drive to work this morning, I DO remember some a-hole riding my bumper on Hwy 70 when I was already going 75 (the speed limit is 60, I think), so, being the a-hole that I am, I slowed down ON PURPOSE. I know thats a good way to get your car hit and I'm sure it just increased his road rage, but it was the principle people. I was trying to make a point. He, of course, flipped me off when he passed me and I just smiled. Don't you love the holiday spirit? People crack me up.....

So, today at work I've already heard some singing of "Save A Horse Ride A Cowboy", which leads me to believe it's gonna be a long day. And we are now doing an impromtu food day tomorrow which can only mean one thing..........I'm breakin' out the big tub o' cookie dough tonight! No one can expect me to actually bake, but I can take already made cookie dough out of the freezer and throw it in the oven. If anyone wants to come over tonight and help me do 8 loads of laundry, bake and pack for a 4 day trip, let me know. I have no food or alcohol to entertain you with, but I'm sure it'll still be fun............

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

8 loads of laundry . . . that reminds me of the good ole days in South Yeater. Of course if I had that much dirty clothes that would mean I would be all decked out like it was Fratday Friday.

RP

KD said...

I remember that! In fact, I think I have some pictures of you somewhere posing in your khakis and sweater and glasses. Good times.

Anonymous said...

What about the green soccer socks?

KD said...

oh, i don't remember them! I DO remember you posing on Christi's bed w/a pillow in front of you so it looked like u were naked...I have that pic somewhere.....

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you forgot about the green socks. I would pull them up all the way and tuck my pant legs into them to try and embarrass you and Christi by walking next to you in the cafeteria.

KD said...

I'm sure it worked. I don't remember that. Was I THAT drunk in college???? U don't still have those green socks, do ya???