Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

Hard to believe the end of another year is approaching. Wasn't it just 2005? Seriously. Well, 2006, thus far, has been an up and down year for me. I, of course, am thankful for all the good things that have happened, but I am also thankful for the bad. Sound weird? Well, the bad things that have happened have only made me stronger and they have reminded me of the good I have in my life.

I am so thankful for my friends. I never realized how many wonderful people were around me until I was in need of them. I seriously would not have made it through the last couple of months without them. You guys are my lifeline. I love you all.

I, of course, am thankful for my family. I never have to doubt how much they love me (and that includes the whole extended clan) and I hope they never doubt how much I love them. I am truly blessed to have the family I have. I promise to never take that for granted again.

I sucked this year. I wasn't a good friend, daughter or sister. I know it. I am owning it. And I'm never going to let it happen again. Promise. I think the Old Kerri is about 75-80% back, hopefully by the end of the year, I'll be 100% again.

To everyone out there-I hope you are with the ones you love this weekend. Go play football in the front yard, watch the stupid parades, eat yourself silly-its all part of the Thanksgiving fun. That, and the fact that you have a four day weekend.

Luv,
KD

No comments: