Friday, November 24, 2006

Have you ever played Yahtzee with a Captain Morgan buzz?


If you haven't, I highly recommend it. Good times is all I have to say. We had our annual Thanksgiving Yahtzee tournament tonight and it didn't disappoint. I'm talking wet-your-pants laughing. In fact, I took down a few of the best quotes. Now, granted, if you weren't there, you may not find any of these very funny. But for those of us that were present, it was friggin' hilarious (friggin' is dad's favorite word).

So, here's the list:

1. "Go for your 1's"-by Dad. He's always trying to trick you so you lose. Never listen to him. Ever.

2. "My knee hurts"-by Tim. A completely random thought that just came out of his mouth. No one knows why.

3. "Your knee cap was not on the back of your leg"-by Mom. In response to Tim's melodramatic knee injury story.

4. "I heard a noise coming from Tim's room. Something like a "grrrrr"-by Dad. He came running into the living room in a panic after hearing said noise and was quite worked up about it. Turns out, it was my cell phone on vibrate that was making the "grrrr" noise.

5. "And those sweet little nugget things"-by Mom. I believe she was talking about Chex Mix.

6. "Sorry sucker"-by Aunt Paula to dad during a rather poor roll.

7. "Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland"-another random thought from Tim.

8. "One time, I got pulled over and the cop gave me six bucks"-again, random statement from Tim. It was the Captain talking.

9. "I think it's time to put my pain patch on"-by Mom. She's a narcotics addict, apparently.

10. "I hope the hemorrhoid pads didn't get recalled"-Dad's response to the news that several kinds of baby wipes were recalled recently.

And the funniest thing of the night was while we were playing a board game called Imagine If. Example question for the game "Imagine if Kerri was an animal, which one would she be?". There would then be a list of six animals and everyone playing votes. The most popular answer is the right one. Well, it was mom's turn to ask the question and dad was the subject. Mom couldn't even read the question, she was laughing so hard. So, she passed it to dad and he couldn't read it either. The question? What if Ken won the world's greatest contest. What would it be for?". The answer that made us all fall out of our chairs? "World's Largest Sausage". Guess you had to be there.

I think I'll sail with the Captain tomorrow night too.

No comments: