Thursday, November 23, 2006

"Watch out for the killer deer"

That is what dad always says before we head to Salem-especially at night. Well, heading home last night, I saw no killer deer but I did see a killer fox. Scared the crap out of me when I saw it's beady little eyes. The trip home was fairly uneventful. It took me three hours to get there (that's an hour extra than normal, if you're counting). I sat on Hwy 270 for 45 minutes (going a total of 14 miles). I had to deal with Crazy Old Lady on the highway-she was at least 107 years old and kept signaling to get into the middle lane-I let her over thinking "whatever lady, it's not like we're moving". Then, she would signal to get back in the outside lane. She did this three or four times. Weird. I did see a three car pile up on Hwy 44 involving a cattle trailer-that looked un-fun. And another accident right at the St. James exit. I am now in Salem safely. We have a house full of dogs-Chloe, Stubby and Hank-they have been having fun running around and Hank has been having fun humping Chloe. My most disturbing moment (so far) was my father talking about how good Jessica Simpson looks in her daisy duke's. You really never want to hear your dad talking like that-I'm sure he did it for shock value-and it worked. Red and I helped with the pies-Red was in charge of "fluting" this year and did quite a nice job (with the pie crust). I just stirred stuff, because, really, I shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen. Bad things happen. People get hurt. Usually me.

I've been up since 7:30am. Probably because I passed out somewhere around 10:00pm last night after Tim forced me to watch Harry Potter-wtf? I was confused from the beginning (go figure) and soon got sleepy (go figure). At least I got a good night's sleep for once.

I'm sure I will have some more blog worthy family moments coming up and be looking for my annual Thanksgiving message (get out the kleenex now)-coming soon. For now, I'm gonna watch a show about OCD on MTV. Later peeps.

No comments: