Wednesday, November 01, 2006

With a little bit of stress you too can score sleeping meds from your doctor!


It's true. All you have to do is give your doctor the sob story about how you have a broken heart and you can't eat or sleep and BOOM! you walk out with a script for Restoril. I am making jokes about it because Restoril falls in the category of benzodiazepines, more commonly known to us in the field as "benzos". It's funny because those of us in the field make fun of our patients who I so nicely refer to as "med seeking freaks", because benzos are fun.....and easily addictive. Well, I am now officially a med seeking freak. Good times. After quite a few sleepless nights, I couldn't take it anymore. I went to see my doctor today. I really had been doing pretty good the last couple of days, but kinda lost it when the nurse hugged me and told me she would pray for me. I can't handle people being nice to me. Anyway, to those that have asked (and I thank you much), I am doing much better, hanging in there, am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel...blah, blah, blah (and my sarcastic sense of humor is coming back-that HAS to be a good sign)!

No comments: