Sunday, November 19, 2006

I may finally be tired

I guess keeping really busy does finally take it's toll on you. I'm feelin' kinda sleepy today but have to be at the crisis line in two hours. Diet Coke will cure that, I'm sure.

Ended up having a fun Saturday night. Our Friends Thanksgiving was a hit. We even got to hear the ham story (don't ask). Afterwards, my friend Erin and I headed out, because, you know, we are single gals, we must go out and party, right? Uh yea....so we went to Big Daddy's...can I tell you how old I felt? Was anyone else over 25 besides us? No, we did have fun though. Little creeped out by the Old Bald Guy who kept calling us "baby" and asking us if we needed more drinks....I wanted to say, only one person has ever been allowed to call me baby and you sure as hell aren't gonna be the second...but I didn't, that would have been the beer talking. We did have a power girls shout out moment when "Since You Been Gone" came on. Funny how most of us could apply that song to our lives.....

I still managed to get up and go to church this morning (aren't you proud mom?). Grandpa talked the whole time and Red and I just giggled. Then we (and Jon) hung out with Grandpa for awhile at his house. Man can that guy tell some stories! We got to hear the haunted attic story from when they lived in New York, and the story of the guy who was renting their house in St. Louis and wasn't paying the rent-grandpa had to call him and when the guy said he wasn't living there anymore, grandpa says "I don't give a shit where you live, I want my money"(or something to that effect, the word "shit" was in there somewhere). Good times. Now I'm just killing time till I go to work. It'll be so fun to see my old peeps again!

No comments: