Saturday, October 01, 2005

the word that comes to mind is....horrifying

Getting measured for a bridesmaid dress. It may be one of the most horrifying experiences ever. I was doing ok today, they get your 3 basic measurements, then look on a chart to see what your size should be. The final number was two sizes bigger than I wear in normal clothes, but was still single digits, so I was pretty pleased. I was thinking "yea, this dress gig ain't so bad". That was until.............the dress shop called all of us girls mid-lunch (we had headed to Yia-Yia's for some post measurment nourishment) to advise us that they had looked at the wrong sizing chart so they had to redo the sizes using our measurements....and we all got BUMPED UP A SIZE!!!! What little self esteem I did have went completely out the window. And I decided not to finish the bowl of pasta in front of me....I know, I know, its just a number. But it plays tricks w/your mind. It's a girl thing. Or maybe a totally, self-concious, insecure, low self esteem girl thing.

In fun news, my sister and I were cruising down Hwy 141 this morning on our way to the dress shop, when a blue mini van went cruising by us and the woman in the back seat was waving at us. I thought perhaps she was waving b/c my sister was stuck behind this a-hole who was going about 30 in a 45....but, no...we caught up to the mini van, and wouldn't you know it, it was Chris Mayer, my boss! It was too funny, we played highway tag for a bit, Travis was leading the way. Unfortunately for him, my sister has a lead foot, and we soon left the mini van in the dust.....

No comments: