Saturday, October 08, 2005

The power of a small town

My hometown amazed me tonight. The town put together a benefit to support the Cahill family-this is my dear, dear friend Elizabeth's family-her mom, Mrs. Cahill, has cancer and is in the midst of chemo in Columbia. This woman has been through a lot-she gave birth to FOURTEEN children, for God's sake! Tonight, I saw my hometown (that I know I like to joke about) act selflessly. I saw people donating money they don't have-there was an auction, and someone actually paid $150 for a pie! I think some cupcakes went for $100. It was great. All the money goes towards Mrs. Cahill's treatment and to support the family. I pray she is able to fight the cancer and be able to return home. Elizabeth-your mom and your entire family are in my prayers. And, by the way, Lizzard-I MISS YOU!

No comments: