Monday, October 03, 2005

If you're hung over in another country...

does it really even count? This is a question that warrants further discussion. My friends Heidi and John are basking away in Grand Cayman. Ok, not really "basking" so much as it is John working his butt off in med school and Heidi fighting giant killer lizards at every turn.... My guess is that the island beverages are rather potent. Having never left the country myself, I am depending on those two to do some research for me....Heidi, let me know what you come up with. I expect a full report when you come home in December. And to answer the first question, I'm pretty sure it doesn't really count-so drink on!

For you sports enthusiasts, the MLB playoffs begin tomorrow. Now, everyone who knows me knows I am a die-hard Cubs fan. You also know that they played their last game yesterday because they suck hard-core. It is now time for me to switch allegiances (for the playoffs only, mind you) and become a Cardinals fan. Now, I always like them 2nd best next to my Cubs, and fully recognize that they have some of the hottest men in baseball on their team (hello, Mark Mulder!!!!). Given the other teams that made the playoffs, rooting for the Cards is a no brainer. I wish them luck, truly I do. Besides, I absolutely hate the Braves, Astros and the Yankees. I have no thoughts on the Padres whatsoever, and really don't so much care about the American League, so....GO CARDS!!!!!! Melinda, my dear friend in Green Bay, please play the Cardinals Drinking Game w/out me-this game consists of taking a drink everytime the camera shows the asses of Albert Pujols, Jim Edmonds or Scott Rolen (who is out and for this game will be replaced by Mark Mulder). It's a great game, if you've never played.

Tomorrow night, Tim and I will be in Champaign, Ill. to see the greatest band on earth, Weezer (and also the Foo Fighters). The Weezer show in July was the best ever, and I totally cannot wait to see them again tomorrow night!!! ROAD TRIP!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I think you should come visit us so you can experience an "out of country" hangover first hand! We're only a flight away from sun and fun!! Your blog is great. Now I don't miss you as much!!
love,
Heidi

Stephen M Bourke said...

Who are all the pervs posting on your site KerKer? You need to block those punks out. I hope they don't infect my page. Btw, where is the link to my blog?

KD said...

What is the importing tax on bringing lizards and iguanas back to the states? I was gonna get Stephen an early birthday present....

Heidi said...

Does it matter if the lizard is dead or alive?

KD said...

I don't think Stephen is picky...got any with blue tails?