Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Back in the land of the living

Day 6 of being sick and I am finally feeling better! That trip to my doctor was worth it, as he gave me the diagnosis I was thinking-I have a sinus infection. Not uncommon for me this time of year. Have you ever had one? They just kick your butt. The main symptom is pure exhaustion, your entire body doesn't want to move. This, coupled with a stuffy nose, sore throat (and a rather raspy voice-sexy, huh?) makes for a long week. Now I have my Z-Pack and some Zyrtec D (I told my doc I didn't want something too sedating-this was the best he could do). I stayed home from work yesterday (as I should have done the previous two days but didn't) and SLEPT. I mean slept-all afternoon, wake for a couple of hours, fall asleep again around 6, my sister brought me some soup (isn't she great?), manage to stay awake for the Blues game (they finally won!), get drowsy again around 9, finally sleep for the rest of the night around 11:30, don't wake up until 11 today! And now I'm back! That's all I needed folks! At least I can move today...I think perhaps I am motivated by the fact that the leaves are finally starting to turn outside. As my dad said, this is one of the latest falls he can remember. There is a maple tree outside my window that is turning a beautiful shade of red. This makes me happy and motivated to feel better so I can do some hiking and picture taking this weekend. Z-Pack-do your job!!!!

No comments: