Saturday, October 22, 2005

Car and dog shopping

Oh how I want a new car! I cruised down the new car highway (also known as Manchester Road) seeking pricing info and perhaps a brochure. When I drove onto that Mazda lot, the Mazda3 before me, I saw my future car. My impulsive side wanted to test drive it and bring it home today. My practical side, however, told me to just get some info and come back in the spring. My practical side won. The thought of having a car payment again pains me. And even the thought of giving up the Crapalier pains me. She may have some problems (uh, lets see...the CD player is broken, the trunk won't open, someone gave me a major door ding, the steering wheel is fading, the gas cover thingy broke off, oh yea, and the air conditioning doesn't work), but she and I have been through some good times. Affectionately known as Hot Mama, she has given me 119,000 miles thus far and counting. She really is pretty reliable (although I'm pretty sure she needs new rear breaks-they're not supposed to make noise are they?) and gets me to where I need to go. It'll be a sad day when Hot Mama is retired. An even sadder day when I have a $300 car payment again.....

I also looked at dogs today. I shouldn't do this because they all tear at my heartstrings and I want to take them all home! Once I have my own place again, I will get one. I fell in love with a little gray schnauser today named Jasper. He's older, 6-8 yrs, but was sweet as can be. Some of the other dogs were a little spastic but way cute. Again, my impulsive side said "go ahead, take him home". My practical side said "I don't think Red and Jon would appreciate me bringing a dog home". Again, my practical side won. I figure w/the hours I work and limited space, a small dog, maybe a little older, would work for me. I need one willing to stay inside all day and sleep. Surely I can find one of those. I know whatever dog I get will be spoiled rotten!

I went and got the book that the world is talking about-A Million Little Pieces. I have heard nothing but rave reviews for it-from Oprah to co-workers. Many have said it's the best book they have ever read. I'm intrigued, so.....I'll let ya know what I think of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Oprah said it's good, then it has to be!!!!!

Random Person