Thursday, October 06, 2005

Rockin' The Bitches Since 1994

I want that Weezer T-Shirt-"rockin the bitches since 1994". LOVE IT! Well, let me just say that last nights Weezer and Foo Fighters show was the greatest thing ever!!! They rocked hard core! That Dave Grohl can scream! Weezer was awesome-Rivers didn't wear his "Buddy Holly" glasses tho, and I'm pretty sure I saw a bald spot, but he was still adorable in his jeans and long sleeve shirt (even tho it was like 107 degrees in the Assembly Hall!). They only did one Pinkerton song ("El Scorcho", and Rivers got craaaazy! He even slammed down the mike stand-it was the most animated I've ever seen the guy be), the rest were a good mix of the other 4 albums, most, of course, from the new album. Rivers at one point said "We're so excited to be here that we even learned a Foo Fighters song", and then they played "Big Me". It was awesome! Rivers even played the drums while Pat (the drummer) sang and then began playing that one Blur song-you know-the one that goes "Woo Hoo"???Rivers also did a killer acoustic version of "Island in the Sun". I knew every word to every song they played-what can I say? I love them!!! The best was the very end when tons of confetti was shot into the air-all of which had little Weezer "W's" all over them...of course I snagged some-gotta have it for the scrapbook! No wait, the real best part was when they re-introduced the giant lit up "W" on the stage-this is their trademark and they hadn't been using it on their sets, but it was back last night! I managed to get a way cool picture of it w/the camera on my phone-it is now my wallpaper! The Foo Fighters were great too. I am intrigued by that Dave Grohl. There's just something sexy about a guy who can rock hard and is funny too! I'm pretty sure he was drunk last night tho-he even chugged a beer on stage and encouraged people to give each other hickies....he said "if you ever jump in the sack with Dr. G, you never know where the hickies will end up"....nice. They did all their standard songs-the singles. Dave Grohl cussed a lot, at one time dedicating their very first song (can't remember the title, but its something about fingernails...) to all the "old mother f***ers out there". It was fab.
Champaign is a pretty cool town. I loved the downtown area w/all its cafes, shopping and bars. I recommend visiting. Wish we could have stayed longer.
We got back into St. Louis today in time to watch the first Blues game after a years absence. It was a huge let down, since they lost 5-1 to the freaking Red Wings, but it was still great to have hockey back. I said they were gonna have to earn back my loyalty, but after 5 minutes of tonight's game, I was definitely back! We watched the baseball playoffs tonight too. I was happy to see the Yankees lose. The Cardinals are on tomorrow at 3:00, they are up by a game. Good luck!
Well, thats all for now. More rambling later!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LET'S GO RED WINGS . . . LET'S GO!!!

Blues SUCK!!!!

Signed,

Random Person

Anonymous said...

P.S. : At least now Pierre Turgeon's a bum in Denver as opposed to Dallas or St. Louis

Sincerely,

Random Person

Anonymous said...

I rocked hard once. Since then my life has gone strait to hell. I have hemroids really bad.