Saturday, October 08, 2005

Stubby The Wonderdog and other adventures...

My parents have the craziest dogs! There's Stubby, a little, furry, wienerdog/collie-looking dog and Hank-a big, giant, part Newfoundland/part something else dog with the biggest head I have ever seen. The two of them are like Mutt and Jeff. Stubby hops when she runs to you, like a rabbit-it is freakin' hilarious. When Hank looks at you, he stares, and it is clear that there ain't much going on in that head of his....Hank is the one who was shot this summer-yes, for real shot, with a gun. It was a horrible day, we thought he was going to die as he was covered in blood, but Hank made it through. He had two bullet holes in him that had to heal, but other than that, he is fine. My mother has spoiled both of them by feeding them doggie cookies after dinner. They don't have the recommended amount of 3, oh no.....they have more like 10 each! I took pictures of them this weekend just because they are so funny! My parents have a bench on their front porch that we like to sit on and just relax. Little Stubby likes to jump up there with you and sit in your lap. Apparently Hank was jealous of this (Hank weighs a good 70 lbs, mind you), and today decided he was going to sit on the bench too...so, he climbed his fat self up, my mom and I had to get up as he took up the whole bench-then he just sat there and stared at us. He stares a lot. Not a smart dog by any means. They also talk. It's true. Hank has this really deep voice and will respond when you talk to him, it really sounds like he is saying "woof". Stubby talks too, and they like to out talk each other. I just thought I'd share some of their adventures. They are hilarious.

1 comment:

Stephen M Bourke said...

I think that "spoiled" is spelled "spoilt" in Dent County. And for that matter "spelled" is spelled "spelt".