Friday, October 14, 2005

I didn't do a damn thing today...

and it was awesome! I've got the condo to myself this weekend as Red and Jon are in Indiana visiting Jon's grandma. I got up early (well, for me early is 10am) and went to my aunt's house to water her plants as promised while she gets to travel Europe (I'm not at all bitter about that). After that I decided to go apartment hunting. I'm thinking I'm going to move next month if everything works out (financially speaking, of course). I drove by some great places today-I'm looking in the city-no more suburbia for me!!! Now all I gotta do is make some calls and go see some places.
I did go up to Castlewood Park just before sunset to take some pictures. There is a scenic overlook there that is just awesome. You have to hike up a rather steep hill (great for the calves), but up top you have a beautiful view of the river and trees. Unfortunately, most of the trees are still pretty green, not too much color yet. Hopefully in a week or so...
The evening thus far has been a nice, hot bubble bath and reading People magazine. I even treated myself to some ice cream which is a rarity nowadays. And has anyone watched that Amy Grant show "Three Wishes"? I've seen it twice and have bawled like a baby each time. I'm such a sucker for these hard luck stories!
This may sound like a pretty sad Friday night for a single gal. But for me, its perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got laid at Castlewood park once, but I didn't see the sunset. The guy had me face down and my head was buried in the dirt. I couldn't see a damn thing! - Mark Mulder