Thursday, October 06, 2005

this job of mine....

What nuttiness that goes on at the crisis line! I suppose, of course, that this should be expected, given this is a refuge for the mentally ill, but still, tonight was especially nutty. From the lady who thinks there are demons working at Wal-Mart (which may or may not be true) to the lady who thinks George Clooney is the devil and is stalking her, it is never boring at my job. We have really great folks working here all of which have a health sense of humor. It truly is not that we are making fun of our callers, rather, our jobs are quite stressful and a little humor to relieve stress is healthy. We need it in order to stay sane ourselves. The line between sanity and insanity is a very thin one. At the end of the day, however, I truly love my job. My team of 16 that I supervise is fantastic, a great bunch of people. My fellow supervisors are wonderful as well (I'm really just saying that because I know Stephen will read this). I think I am finally settling into the supervisor role. It's taken me 6 months, but I think I am starting to get the hang of things. This could be my own delusional perception, I don't know.

No comments: