Friday, October 28, 2005

Freaky Friday

I don't really know what that means, but it is the friday of Halloween weekend. I love it! Halloween is my favorite time of the year. The day when you can be a total freak and its ok! I really wish all my girls were gonna be together this year, but poor Carrie is still stuck in Mexico (or as we are now referring to it-"Mexi-hell, Hellexico") and poor Erin has to go home to Iowa and participate in putting the family dog to sleep. Ern, I know how you feel. I was crushed when our beloved Spaz passed away in February. Thank God at least Blossom will be at peace. Poor Spaz was hit by the trash truck....

Happy Birthday to my dear friend Christi. She is the big 3-0 today. Good Lord. I remember meeting her our freshman year of college-just 18 years old. Babies. Has it really been 12 years? Christi and I have laughed together, cried together and drank lots of alcohol together. I remember when we took her to Dent County and let her ride on a real tractor and she thought those little green things on the ground were apples (they were actually walnuts), she also got to see her first skinned deer hanging in Stormy's dads garage. I remember going out with her to buy liquor for the boys because she and I were the only ones who were 21. I remember walking through the streets of New Orleans on spring break, completely wasted, singing, and having the best time of our lives. I also remember Christi acting completely selfless and driving me to St. Louis when my grandmother was dying (because I didn't have a car at the time), she then drove back to Warrensburg (a 4 hour drive) and back to St. Louis that next weekend to take me back. That is a great friend. And though since then she and I have had some ups and downs, we are back to "ups" and I love her dearly. So, happy 30th girl, give me hope that I can live through it when its my turn in Feb!

Stephen-I jacked up my links again. I think I have them back tho. How do you add more than 3? I'm an idiot. I appreciate your help.....

No comments: