Sunday, December 09, 2007

Working six days a week is good for your soul

Well, here I am working on a Sunday. Yay me! I am a sleepy girl today, it could be this icky weather that's doing it-cloudy, dark, drizzly, just plain BLAH!

OMG, last night's Christmas party at The Shelley's was one to remember....out of respect for my friend, I am not going to go into much detail (because I don't know who may be reading this), but suffice it to say it was a good time. We did have a rousing game of Cranium-the holiday edition. We were divided up into teams. I had my good friend Renee on my team, Shannon's very drunk friend from Indiana and our friend Kelly's husband, Dan. So, I say to Dan "great, we have a doctor on our team-maybe we'll win". He looked at me and advised me he had only played this game once and he was really drunk at the time. Awesome. I must say, our team kicked ass. We were accused of cheating several times (which we totally were not-we were just that awesome!). The game quickly fell apart as most of the room (minus Renee and myself) proceeded to get quite intoxicated. Oh, it was entertaining all right.

In exciting news (at least it is to me), I went shopping yesterday and dared to go shopping for.......jeans. I have been avoiding it for quite some time as a couple of extra pounds have snuck up on me and I refused to spend money on pants that were another size bigger (when you are only 5'2" every pound counts!). So, since I have been dilligently exercising and following Weight Watchers (which really encourages my OCD tendencies...), I figured it was time to see if all that work has been paying off. I am happy to say......IT HAS! Yay! No going up a size, I am comfortably in the size I'm happy at. It seriously made my day. It's the little things in life.....

Well on to another week. I still have another 2.5 hours here at the crisis line, then I will be heading straight home and basically getting ready to go to bed since I have to be at work at 7:30 in the morning. Luckily, I am only working at my full-time job three days this week (gotta love extra PTO!). I will be hustling to finish Project Grandpa and will try to squeeze in some Christmas shopping as well. Tis the season!

No comments: