Sunday, December 02, 2007

Wacky weather

Ok, so when I left my apartment earlier this afternoon, it was 66 degrees outside. By the time I returned home a mere three hours later, it was 46 degrees. That's quite a change. The weather has been very weird the last couple of days. Yesterday, It was really cold all day long, however, when we left PF Chang's last night around 9pm, it was a balmy 60 degrees....WTF?

Hey Canada-so I passed along both of your messages to the gang and I must say-Mike L laughed his ass off. Seems he got it, whatever it meant.Thought you'd like to know that. They all say hi and, like me, want to know when you are coming to visit us.......

I had a good weekend although it went by WAY too fast. How is it Sunday night again already? Sheesh! Friday night, Mikey and I went to see the movie No Country For Old Men. I had never heard of it prior to that day, but it came highly recommended by several people, so we decided to give it a try. My review? Maybe this will sum it up..........48 hours later and I STILL don't know what happened.....when the movie ended, Mike and I looked at each other and said "what?". We even called our friend Amy to help translate for us-I'm sorry to say she wasn't much help.

Yesterday I was up bright and early. I left my apartment around 9am and didn't return until nearly midnight. I went and got my hair did-I requested my stylist Alisa give me a darker 'do this time around. I told her I was tired of people calling me a redhead.....well, she granted my wish....she styled me up, pronounced me "hot" and sent me on my merry way.....I do like it darker. I don't know about "hot" however......After that, I went over to my friend Christina's for some scrapbooking good times. The pressure is on to finish Project Grandpa. His birthday/party is only two weeks away. I have only about 5-6 pages left to go, then all the finishing touches, I figure I have a good 10 hours of work ahead of me....but never fear, I have three random day's off soon thanks to my excellent amount of PTO at work, so I believe I will have time to get it all done.

After scrapbooking, I met up with some of my old college friends at PF Chang's for some dinner. I hadn't seen Mike, Lori or Christi since March so it was really good to see them all. I love those people. We, along with Christi's husband Jim, laughed all night (with some help from our key lime martini's, mind you), it was really good to catch up with all of them. I mentioned how I had seen our friend Ryan Austin recently, and that I had heard from Deven via email recently and how Canada and I talk smack to each other several times a week via this blog-they deemed me the resident Keeping The Group Together person. I do what I can!

After dinner, I met Allison and Tanya at OB Clark's to watch Mizzou take on Oklahoma for the Big 12 title. Sadly folks, it wasn't to be. But dammit, they had a good run!!!! And I believe I announced my crush on Chase Daniel to everyone in the bar (never mind that he is only like 21. Demi Moore did it, I can too!).

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Red and Jon-hope you had fun with the girls and Polster. Hope Jon and Polster weren't too disappointed that Mizzou lost.... :(

Well, in a couple of hours I am off to bed. I have new working hours on Mondays-7:30am to 4:00pm to accomodate my allergy shot schedule. Yay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright . . . it has been too long since I have been to either side of Missouri. I am officially in the planning a trip(s) to Missouri mode . . . that being said, I am still a great procrastinator. When would a good time to come down be?

KD said...

Canada...my response to your Declaration Of Intention To Come To Missouri can be summed up with one word. And that word is......YAY!!!!!! :)

OMG, we could totally take a road trip to KC to see some of the gang, stop by Jeff City on the way to see Deven....YAY!!!!!!!

When? When can you get here???? And no procrastinating..I will harrass you daily until I have confirmation that you are coming.... :)