Thursday, December 13, 2007

I need structure

Yea, days off from work are nice and all, but truthfully, I need the structure of a work day. I need to get up at a certain time, go somewhere other than my apartment and stay at that place for 8 hours. With this structure, I am able to maintain the other things I need to do-monitor my eating, workout, being semi-productive, etc. Without it, I just lay around at home like a big lazy slob. Can you say "OCD"? I knew you could.

Well, Heidi, you'll be entertained by the rest of my evening at the crisis line. Annoying Girl must have been on her A-game because she did not shut up all night! I was getting irritated because I was trying to talk to Alex, but she just kept sticking her sniffling nose into our business. At one point she was rambling about something and Alex acted like he was yawning and said "man, my fibromyalgia is really acting up tonight!" (that is our little inside joke that we say anytime Annoying Girl or anyone else weird for that matter start to annoy us). To which I responded with "yea, mine too. It's really bad when I'm here.....especially on Wednesday nights". Of course, she had no clue what we were talking about. On another entertaining note, due to the new darker hair, Alex is now calling me Punky Brewster....uh, thanks. We entertained ourselves by looking up the theme song on YouTube...it was quite amusing, I must say.

Well, if the stars align themselves correctly today, I might actually get to talk to Canada! YAY! Hey Big D (yes Canada, that is your new nickname-ya like it?), want me to just call you when I'm done with Book Club? I am guessing it will be 10-ish (of course that is 8-ish Snooty Canadian Time). I think the last time we talked was September-ish, so it will definitely be good to chat! He'll make fun of my country twang, I'll make fun of the fact that he says "aboot", we'll laugh, we'll cry, but most of all, we'll have good times!

I am off soon to do the allergy study that Aunt Paula hooked me up with. I get paid for it and everything-SWEET! I believe my afternoon will then consist of working out, showering (I suppose) and meeting my Book Club girls at the commuter lot for our trek to Illinois. I was contemplating going to my office Christmas party that starts at 3 (why 3 I ask you?) but I don't think I'm gonna have enough time. I'm a busy girl, you know. :)

The fam is in town this weekend. Grandpa's birthday/party is only three days away! YIKES! Guess I better finish his gift, huh? It's about 85% done, I'd say.....guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That should work . . . just call me when you're done "reading".

How did you come up with Big D? Sorry to break it to you, but is not a new nickname. That was my nickname as a kid and Dad Canada still uses it on occassion.

KD said...

Yes, I will call you when I am done "reading". Can't wait!

As for the nickname, guess it wasn't real inventive, huh? Darn that Dad Canada for stealing my material!!! Then again, I guess he has known you longer, huh? Ok, I'll work on a new one and get back to you, I clearly don't have my creative hat on today....

Heidi said...

that is AWESOME. We often used the word Fibromylanta to refer to the same thing. Can we say NO INSIGHT? No clue, no insight, no NOTHING.

Send me a picture of you so I can see your pretty hair, Punky.