Thursday, December 06, 2007

Another chapter in the "this could only happen to KD" book

Why me? I mean seriously? Does karma hate me? Have I been that horrible a person (don't answer that!).

Today I was driving to work, minding my own business, listening to my iPod (with a nice montage of George Michael/Wham tunes. How could we not have known that he was Gay Gayerson????), when all of a sudden I see a large piece of wood flying through the air-straight for my car. Ok.....it wasn't so much a large piece of wood-but it was a good 4-6 inches long, looked like a piece of a 2x4, anyway-I didn't have time to react, it hit the side of my car, I believe by the driver's side mirror and made a really loud "bang". I was like "great, there's gonna be a big huge dent and then I'm gonna be pissed". Well folks, the good news is-there is no dent and really no obvious damage that I can see. That piece of wood is lucky! Driving on Hwy 70 is always hazardous, you never know what you're gonna get. It's a crapshoot, really.

Can I rant for one second? (like you could stop me....). What is up with all the random new people they have working at the crisis line? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love that the place is fully staffed and everything, but every time I walk in there I see nothing but new faces. I used to pride myself on remembering everyone's name, but it is just impossible to do at this point. Last night, I basically kept to myself because I didn't know any of the people there. And is it really possible for a person to be both arrogant and a total ass kiss at the same time? Cuz if it is, then I have met him. Ick is all I have to say. Oh I pray for the day I don't have to have a second job.........

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is how I feel every time I go back after being gone for awhile. I think that they should consult us before hiring new people, don't you?

KD said...

seriously Heidi! I'm there once or twice a week and every time i come back there are more new people! we are gonna have to start wearing "hello my name is...." nametags!