Wednesday, December 05, 2007

prayers needed

Wow, I just found out that one of our longtime family friends, Mitch Stauffer, has cancer. He apparently had lung cancer, beat it but now they have discovered a tumor in his brain. It's so hard to believe. I have known Mitch and his wife Bonny since I was born-he was good friends with my dad back in their wild-and-crazy partying days (and I believe was one of the guys that dad moved to Florida with....). They have a son that is around me and my sister's age. I remember them coming to visit us in Salem so Mitch could go fishing (and the ongoing joke that it always rained when they visited). They'd be in their camper, their son Billy and I would play house and be the mom and dad and we'd always make my sister be the baby. :) These are some great folks and any prayers or good thoughts you can send their way is greatly appreciated. This man has been through a lot (lots of heart problems) and now this. Sometimes life just isn't fair, is it? I struggle with my faith when bad things happen to good people.......

No comments: