Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bumpkin Standard Time/What's this thing coming out of my arm?

Bumpkin Standard Time. Canada's idea of being funny, I suppose. Seems organizing a time for us to chat on the phone is not as easy as one would think. I mean, the boy plays like 37 different sports at night, among them: volleyball, underwater basket-weaving, soccer and naked walleyball (don't ask). I mean, he is clearly too busy to talk to his favorite Bumpkin. :( The two hour time difference does make things difficult, considering Canada informs me I am an old grandma because I go to bed early (it's true). I am hopeful we will be able to talk tonight or tomorrow night. I mean, I have to pin him down to a time when he is gonna come to Missouri (not literally pin him down). NO procrastinating, Mr. Tessier!

In other news, I was at my computer last night when suddenly I said to myself "what's this thing coming out of my arm?". I soon realized that it was a MUSCLE. My tricep to be exact. I actually have one. Can you believe it? I sure couldn't. Guess that working out stuff is really helping! Bless you Karen "The Sicilian" Tullman for introducing me to this workout. I LOVE IT!

Mike and Jeff are singing Christmas carols at work today. It is, um....interesting. Everyone seems to be in a festive mood. Maybe because our caseloads are low today (thank GOD). I am off work the next two days (yay!) but must clean my apartment AND finish Grandpa's scrapbook. Fun stuff indeed!

Let me leave you with this, some wise words that my good friend Mikey always says. Those words are: "It's hard out here for a pimp". Remember that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until you've tried naked wallyball . . . don't criticize

KD said...

trying to get the visual out of my head...trying to get the visual out of my head...trying to...Oh, hey!

no criticizing my friend. i'm sure naked wallyball is well on it's way to becoming a nationally recognized sport and may even become an olympic sport. 2010 in vancouver, perhaps??? you'll be the hometown hero. think about it...

Anonymous said...

Why do you think I got into it?

KD said...

Ok, well, when you become famous, and have to go to all the press junkets and pose on the cover of Sports Illustrated, can I be your Personal Assistant? I'll make sure your face is plastered on every magazine in the world. Do you think The World can handle how Ridiculously Good Looking you are though? It may be too much for them to take....

Anonymous said...

If I'm famous for naked walleyball, it wouldn't be just my face plastered on magazines.

They'll just have to adjust

KD said...

WOW! That comment just made me laugh out loud...you are such a silly boy....Darin! :)