Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas at The Can!

I joined my sister and Jon, my sisters friends and Polster for a little Christmas Eve lunch at the Tin Can. Interesting choice, I know. We were gonna go to this cute little place across the street called Three Monkeys, but it is apparently closed on Monday's (and/or holiday eve's). It was rather weird being at the Tin Can during the day (it is a bar primarily). It was a fun little lunch though, although all I could think about was the fact that I still had to make those damn deviled eggs (a task that I really was not looking forward to). My crankiness (that I still have as I am actually typing this post on 12/26) REALLY set in the moment I began working on those eggs. You see, they wouldn't peel. I was this close to throwing all two dozen of them across the room (no, seriously). I think part of making them is the presentation and these were NOT pretty, and that made me unhappy. So, by the time I made it over to Grandpa's house to actually get to see my family, I was already in a mood. I tried to snap out of it, however, although I don't think it was meant to be......from previous posts you can tell that I wasn't really looking forward to the holidays. Of course I wanted to see my family, that wasn't it. I really can't pinpoint WHY I wasn't in to it, I just wasn't. I did request we do a shot when I got to Grandpa's. Tim, of course, was all in. I was thinking Grandpa would have something mildly tame, such as his infamous peppermint schnapps....well, not this time...all Grandpa had was.....whiskey. Now, I am by no means a good drinker. The thought of shooting whiskey did not at all appeal to me. Tim, the professional that he is, shot it right on down. Me, on the other hand, mixed it with some Diet Dr. Pepper before I would drink it.....

We went to the 5pm service at church then headed over to the Baumgartner's for some Christmas Eve fun. The house looked beautiful (Aunt Diane is amazingly talented at decorating, there was not one room that wasn't beautifully decorated). It was sad that not everyone was there (Mike and Kim, Clint and Kira-you all were missed!!!). We had a lot of fun, although there were many times that I started getting really hot, and feeling lightheaded and overwhelmed and had the urge to run before a full-on anxiety attack happened. Perhaps it was all the people in one room (I have quite the large family), I don't know, but it wasn't fun. In better news, the bourbon slush (or whatever it was) was really good. I got lots of great gifts. My parents, as usual, outdid themselves and gave me more than I deserve. The Baumgartner's had my name this year and really tapped in to things that I like-a cute snowman, the Keith Urban Greatest Hits CD (LOVE it!) and I loved the little spider ornament and the story behind it. We were all a little concerned about how much whiskey Grandpa had had, but other than that, all went well.

No comments: