Sunday, December 23, 2007

Jive and Wail, baby!

Oh, the Jive and Wail is SO much fun! It is a dueling piano bar located in the very trendy and up and coming neighborhood of Maplewood. My friends and I decided to try it out last night. I wasn't sure who all would show up, but it ended up pretty much being girls night out (with a late night appearance from Polster). Yes, Allison, Tanya, Shauna, Melanie and two of Tanya's friends (I'm sorry, but I can't remember their names!) and I had a good ol time! It was so much fun to get to hang out with Shauna too-she works with me at the crisis line-she is one of the nicest, most sarcastic and funniest people I know (and she knows ALL about Salem, MO and the Schwagstock festival that is held there.....). I'm sure you know the concept of a dueling piano bar-there are two pianos on stage with two different people playing, they play silly songs and really any song you request. They pull people on stage and make asses out of them-it's a good time! I have decided that my birthday celebration in February will be there (I was gonna sit this next birthday out, but now that I've discovered this place, I'm gonna go have some fun!). They played many of our requests (done much like karaoke night where you fill out slips of paper and turn them in), among them, "Wanted Dead Or Alive", "Come on Eileen" and "Afternoon Delight". SOOOOO much fun! I am a little sleepy today but it was WELL worth it.

HAPPY 15th BIRTHDAY to my cousin Rachel today! Hope you are having a great day, kiddo! I will see you tomorrow! Love you much!

I am quite enjoying this lazy Sunday. Been watching Christmas Vacation on tv, doing some laundry and straightening up a bit. I must venture out to the grocery store in a bit to purchase the ingredients for those effing deviled eggs I have to make for Christmas Eve...uh, I mean, I LOVE making those deviled eggs! It brings my heart GREAT joy.....no, really. :)

No comments: