Friday, December 07, 2007

people are a-holes

What is wrong with everyone this week? I mean, yesterday I get screamed at by a psychiatrist as well as a facility then today I have to deal with attitude from my co-workers. I'd say I'm partly to blame, but I don't think I am. I have been nothing but pleasant to these people, yet the snarkiness continues.....you'll be proud to know I was a big girl and took the high road and did not say or do what I really wanted to (one chick in particular I wanted to tell to "f**k off and/or punch her in the nose-BUT I DIDN'T). I simply walked away from the situation and attempted to get my blood pressure to lower.....TGIF! :)

In better news, one of my reviewers in Kansas City told me today that I complete him. I'm not sure if that was inappropriate or not, but it made me laugh. I am fortunate to work with some awesome, snarky, sarcastic, funny people in the Kansas City area-personality wise we are all very similar-makes for a pretty good working relationship, even when I am "harrassing" them. :)

So, we are having a book fair at work today. It reminded me of the days back in grade school when the Bookmobile would come to town. Do you remember that? I remember all of us kids were always so excited when it was Bookmobile day-I always bought sticker books. Guess I thought they were cool....anyway, today I got three cookbooks for $15 (you can't beat that with a stick!).

Tomorrow night the Book Club girls and I are trekking to beautiful Valmeyer, Illinois for the Annual Shelley Christmas party-should be fun, although I hear we are playing a holiday version of Cranium (every year we have some sort of game we play-very fun). I have voiced my protest of said Cranium game based on the fact that Team Short Bus is left disadvantaged. Every time we play it, Christina, Shannon and Renee are always on a team together and CHEAT, they CHEAT I tell ya (Bill Cosby my ass!!!). Meanwhile, the rest of us (myself included) are stuck on Team Short Bus (who is the guy who walked on the moon? "Louie Armstrong"-hence the name Team Short Bus).

I have to work at Job #2 on Sunday for six hours, not sure how I got suckered in to that one. Man, last night at job #2 I was in RARE form-and most of it was at my poor co-worker Alex's expense. I can't help it, he is just so easy to harrass (Heidi gets it, don't ya?). I mean he teases me incessantly about growing up in a trailer park and I harrass him about wearing loafers in the office. I also deemed him the "Biggest Tool In The Call Center". Not sure he liked that. I stole a phrase from Mikey and informed him that "I kid because I love". I had the entire call center cracking up with my antics (with Ricardia repeatedly saying "oh no she didn't). And don't even get me started on our lively discussion about Britney Spears.....

Wow, I am really talky today. I apologize, but if you care, I suddenly feel better having purged all my frustrations out on this blog. Thanks for listening. And as Casey Kasem always says "keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars"(I don't know what that had to do with anything...it just popped into my head).

No comments: