Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Where is Stephen when you need him?

To put it bluntly, tonight was the NIGHT FROM HELL at work. At last count we had called the cops six times....this may not sound like a lot considering it's the crisis line, but trust me, it is. My faith in the St. Louis City PD continues to dwindle. They just don't impress me at all.

I have a pounding headache, have eaten nothing but a few bits of South Beach Diet cereal, and am all the more glad that tomorrow is my last day for 10 days. Today was one of those days where you just have to throw up your hands, a day where you either laugh or cry (or do both, whatever).

At the end of the day, I know we have done all we can do to help people. We cannot control the other agencies we come in contact with, cannot make them do what we think they should be doing to ensure safety. As long as I can leave work knowing we did all that we could, I feel ok about it...I am hopeful that tomorrow will be a better day. Plus Stephen will be in.....

No comments: