Wednesday, November 23, 2005

"Get dressed Ker, we're going outside and hanging Christmas lights"

This quote came courtesy of my dad when he came home from work today. I just kinda looked at him-me? doing manual labor? what kid of his did he think he was talking to? Where is his son when he needs him?
So, I put my jacket on (I was already dressed) and outside we went (Tim conveniently announced his lunch hour was over and sped off in his car). Dad advised me someone was going to have to get on the roof of the house (I volunteered him) and the other person would need to climb the ladder (I got that duty). Once dad was on the roof, I climbed up, handed him the lights, and continued to "supervise" from the ground. Hey-I was multi-tasking! I was able to hold the lights, pet the dogs, and talk to my sister on my cell. That takes talent. It was quite entertaining watching dad try to figure out how to connect all the strands of lights as well as making sure the little red bows were straight. The end result was beautiful clear lights all along the front of the house and the porch, which brings the question-who is gonna see it? My parents live in the woods at the end of a private drive. The only people that will see the lights are....us. I then suggested to dad that we hang a huge wreath atop the porch. He liked the idea, but did one better-he suggested we make one. So, tomorrow we are going to go out in the woods and gather some cedar branches along with some wire and some ribbon, and we will make our own wreath. Must be where I get my creative streak....
Coming home creates a plethora of blog material.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has dirty boy graduated to the name of cute boy? I'm at BHR now..are you jealous?? Karen

KD said...

cute, dirty, what's the difference? where did i come up with "dirty boy" anyway? i'm not allowed to drink anymore....Ivory Tiger is playing as we speak Karen! we're missing it and cute boy!