Saturday, November 26, 2005

Playing poker with grandpa

What a night. I finally learned how to play poker (at least I think I was playing poker) tonight. Imagine playing poker with your grandfather. Good times. It was me, dad, grandpa and my cousin Rachel (who I am pretty sure hustled us) and for a bit, Tim. We just played with the spare change from Tim's room since we were too cheap to play with our own money. I now know how to play 7 Card Stud, 5 Card Stud, 5 Card Draw and Texas Hold 'Em. I got confused at times, but kept my cheat sheet handy (grandpa wrote down what a royal flush was, a straight flush, a full house, etc.). I'll probably forget how to play come tomorrow, but it was still way fun.

We also had our bonfire. We gathered out in the woods and dad lit stuff on fire. It was cool. We burned some hot dogs, dropped some in the leaves (the dogs loved that) and burned the crap out of some marshmallows. Then grandpa told some bad jokes and it started raining. Kira (my cousins 3 year old) then pronounced that we needed to go inside because we didn't have umbrellas. She's a pretty smart kid. She also told me I was being mean and that I was in big, big trouble because 1. I wouldn't let her eat cookies before dinner and 2. I wouldn't let her have a glass plate (never did figure out why she wanted that). That child is lucky she's cute.....

No comments: