Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Life is short, live each day as if it were your last

Seriously, the title says it all. I just finished re-watching the Channel 4 news story on my friend Krista's sister-in-law Laura. For those of you that do not know the story, Laura was involved in a serious car accident in July. She has been in a coma ever since with a pretty severe head injury. She is in what they call a "waking coma", her eyes are open, she responds to minor stimuli, but remains in a comatose state. The news story told the story of her relationship with her new husband and showed footage of her wedding. My sisters fiance and his friends went to high school with Laura where she was the homecoming queen. Laura was/is a very beautiful girl. She was one of those people you'd love to hate because she was beautiful, had great job, great husband, great house, but was also one of the nicest people you would ever meet. What happened to her could happen to anyone. Watching the story (with tears streaming down my face) made me think about that. Life IS short. It puts things in perspective real quick. If you'd like to see her progress or know her whole story, you can go to www.lauralaughlin.com for more information.

In other news, today, thus far, has been a good day with Chloe. She has been very sweet, although she still seems to think she is a lap dog. I'm pretty sure 40+ pound dogs are not "lap dogs". We'll see how sweet she is when I try to get her in the basement today before I leave for work. Yesterday she refused to go in, would stop at the door and as soon as I got near her she would run upstairs. I finally just had to crate her.

I want to thank everyone for their offers of assistance for my big move. I think I am going to borrow Uncle Ron's truck (I may have to have one of the boys drive it), that'll save a lot of money. Jon-I hope you and the boys know how much I appreciate your help! And sister-don't be sad, we may actually see each other more now that we won't be living together! You won't be able to get rid of me. Who else is gonna be able to keep you calm in the coming months before your wedding? As the MOH, its my job! Anyone got any Valium????? :)

Well, must go make myself presentable-have to go to work in an hour and a half.

No comments: