Monday, November 28, 2005

Back to work=good times

Ah yes, I missed the crisis line so. Ten days away is a lot. I was greeted to four calls waiting and our bell going off as I came in. Welcome back! It was a pretty busy day all around but should be expected since it was the monday after a holiday. Yesterday was my 5 year anniversary at my job. They just can't get rid of me. I want my desk clock.

So, Amy wants to set me up with her girlfriends brother. Amy claims he is good looking "for a boy". That gives me such hope. Why is it that everyone has someone they want to set you up with but you never end up meeting that person? "Oh, so and so's brother/friend/cousin/co-worker/dance partner would be perfect for you, I'll set you up". But does it ever happen? No. At least not in my world. So, I'll believe it when I see it.

I talked to my new landlord today. Yep, I got the apartment and go pick up the keys on Saturday. He seems like a really cool guy. Now I just have to find someone to help me move and pick a day to do it. I'd also really like to find someone with a truck so I don't have to rent a u-haul. U-haul costs a lot of money. I'm sure Jon and Red will be glad to have the place to themselves and not have the sister/sister-in-law living with them anymore. I know I'd be tired of me if I were them. I will miss living with them because it really has been a good experience, however, it is time for me to be on my own. And besides, I absolutely love this apartment. It's great and I can't wait to decorate it and make it my own. I miss my stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri- Send me your new address when you can so I can get my xmas card in the mail to you soon. Take pictures of your new place I would love to see it! Good luck with the move! Robyn A.

KD said...

Thanks Lizzard for the suggestion. I believe I have secured my uncle's truck, may have to make a couple of trips, but thats ok! And, after Sat, I will send a mass email out and let everyone know the new address!