Saturday, November 26, 2005

Happy Birthday Uncle Jimmy!

Today is Uncle Jimmy's birthday (aka Ivory Tiger uncle). Hope you have a great one unc!
The Thanksgiving weekend is coming to a close. I'm exhausted. Between the 12 people and four dogs that were at my parents house, this holiday was a crazy one. Apparently the country dogs don't really like the city dogs and vice versa. There were some tense moments at times. Chloe the big giant sheppard/collie mix got along well with Sophia the maltipoo. We went down to the pond to do some fishing since today was so nice outside. Of course, I didn't touch any fish. Rachel and Grandpa did the fishing (with the occasional assistance from Kira). I baked dad's special birthday cookies for his birthday on this coming Tuesday. Dad is going to be 55-this is notable because 55 is the majic age in which he can retire and he is going to do so at the end of the year (I've heard the story about a thousand times this weekend).

Although crazy and tiring, visiting with the family is always good. I haven't slept much since Tuesday (especially last night when Chloe decided to jump in the bed around 4:00am and start biting me). I am looking forward to going home, although going back to work will be quite an adjustment since I haven't been there in 10 days!
Tonight, on the last night in Salem, we are having a poker tournament. Nothing like playing poker with your dad and grandpa. We tried playing yesterday but Red and I had no idea what we were doing (I am sooooo confused). Today, grandpa taught me all the suites so I am ready to go! Bring on some Texas Hold 'Em! We are also having a bonfire outside and roasting marshmallows. Isn't that precious? Tim suggested family bowling, so maybe we will do that too....its a busy night in Salem, Mo y'all!

No comments: