Saturday, November 05, 2005

Nature

Sometimes the beauty of Missouri escapes me. Today, I decided to recapture it and I took advantage of the beautiful scenery we have right here in our backyards. I drove around a local park today, taking pictures and just pulling my car over and listening to...NOTHING. The quiet of the woods, the leaves falling. There are still some beautiful leaves out-yellows, oranges and bright reds. They won't be around much longer as winter will settle in soon. And did I mention the elk and buffalo? Oh yea...right up to your car. They were amazing, truly. Just hanging out, eating grass, tearing the bark off trees. There were babies and an adult elk with big freakin antlers. He must have been the leader of the pack. I wonder if they were thinking "what the hell are you looking at?" as all the humans drove by in their cars, snapping pictures of these animals in their natural habitat. A sign to the right stated "bison mating season. proceed with caution". I was thinking in my head that I really hoped I didn't have to actually witness bison mating, so I did what the sign said and I proceeded with caution. Buffalo are cool. They are so huge. One was sticking it's tongue out. I'm sure that was a big "F you" to the humans....

No comments: