Sunday, November 06, 2005

I wonder what my team thinks of me....

I supervise a team of 16 at work. I often wonder what they think of me as their supervisor. Half of them I am friends with outside of work (as we were friends long before I became their supervisor). Today one of them told me I needed some Ritalin...ok, so I can be a bit hyperactive at times...I really want to try to make work fun. The crisis line can be the most stressful place on Earth (as you can probably imagine), so, I try to lighten the mood, crack some jokes, tell my staff about my latest adventures, stuff like that. My guess is that they are thinking a combination of "what the hell is wrong with her?" and "why do I have to be on her team?". Well, Team Sunday rules! We have a very tight, close-nit little group. We had to band together when Heidi and John left as they were both very integral parts of the team. Everyone just kinda takes care of each other-I like that. My team really makes me enjoy my job. That, and the nights I work with Stephen. We are very immature, but boy do we laugh a lot! Laughter makes the world go round. That, and creepy, leering, bar guys....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from KAugustyn ..hope this works..your team does like you..even the ones that didn't know you before..I know what you mean about the old man that leers from the corner of the bar

Heidi said...

How could anyone NOT like you?