Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Having a dog is hard work

Sure, they're cute, but having a dog in the house is harder than I thought. Chloe is lucky I already love her, because last night, thoughts of killing her went through my head. Ok, not serious homicidal ideation, but imagine her WHINING all night long. And I mean ALL NIGHT. Around 1:00am, I finally couldn't take it anymore and went down to see what the fuss was about. Now, I know the whining is just attention seeking behavior, still, I wanted to make sure she didn't have to "go potty" or something. As soon as I opened the door, she shot out like a bullet. She ran two flights of stairs to the upstairs and started clawing on Jon's bedroom door. She LOVES him! I HATE him, because he was able to sleep through all that (I am so jealous-I wish I was a deep sleeper!). My sister and I, however, heard every whine (I even heard barking), all night long. I just talked to my sister. We're both pretty sleepy, probably cranky, and litle miss Chloe? She is passed out on the floor next to me as I write. She's perfectly content as long as one of her humans is around. I took her outside for a walk this morning hoping to use up some of that energy. She likes to chase leaves and stands at full attention when she sees another human outside. I won't even get into the excited "dribble" of pee I found on the kitchen floor today. Again, she's lucky she's cute......

No comments: