Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The lucky Jew game

Please don't take offense to the title-my family is part Jewish, I would never make fun of them on purpose. That being said, every year my family and I do play what has affectionately been titled "The Lucky Jew Game". The rest of you may know this game by it's other, more common name-Yahtzee.
Over Thanksgiving weekend, we inevitable have a family game night (last year it was poker and my sister and I learned just how bad we are at that game), and at some point we end up playing Yahtzee. One year, we were all gathered around the dining room table set for some fine family fun. My mom was on a roll that particular game. She was rolling double Yahtzees, if she needed a straight, she rolled one, if she needed "6's", she rolled that. Well, after her 2nd Yahtzee in a row, my dad yells "you lucky Jew". And my mom says (sarcastically, of course), "oh yea, my people were really lucky". We laughed and laughed, especially because dad continued to say it (he would also roll the dice and say "come on, papa needs a new pair of shoes"). Ever since then, the game has been known as the Lucky Jew game. Guess you had to be there.
This year, we will be incorporating both Go Fish and The 80's game. They are new to our game repetoir, joining Yahtzee and Uno. Speaking of Uno, that can be one vicious game! Every year my little cousin Rachel has won just about every time. Last weekend, I boldly said to her "you're going down in the Uno tournament this year Battocletti". She was like "uh yea, right. I'm gonna win". Sadly, I know it's true. That 12 year old will take the Uno crown again this year.
I will have to post the results of game night. It's gonna be some stiff competition. I can't wait. BRING IT ON PEOPLE!!!!

No comments: