Sunday, November 13, 2005

Trivia Night=Good Times!

Man, trivia night was awesome! There were 24 tables of approximately 10 people each. The theme-80's and 90's. Got it in the bag, right? I was happy with our table-a good variety of ages (roughly late 20's to late 30's). I figured we had a good shot. After all, I have been faithfully watching I Love The 80's 3D and listening to Y98's 80's flashbacks every weekend.

We dubbed our team "Team Ninja Pony", as Shannon was gracious enough to bring us Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and My Little Pony stickers. We got extra points for dressing up 80's style. I sported the fake pearls, tons of bracelets, and collared shirt (with the collar up, duh!). Karen sported the sideways ponytail, ripped t-shirt (Flashdance-style) complete with wrist and head bands. Shannon sported the big hair (complete with "wings"), blue eyeshadow, tight rolled jeans and her cheerleading jacket. Our table was decorated with a Rainbow Bright doll, a Smurf poster, and a Pound Puppy (this and the dressing up scored us 8 extra points!).

Some of the categories were tough, I ain't gonna lie. "National Sports"? What? And "Books that became movies". Uh, right......We totally rocked on "Family Sitcoms" (I knew my late nights of watching Roseanne, Who's the Boss and The Cosby Show would come in handy someday! And I totally knew who sang the Dukes of Hazzard theme song!), "Childhood Cereals" (the cereal was in a baggie, you had to name it-we got 10 out of 10. I know my Fruity Pebbles, ok???), "Children's Television"-yes, I knew that Alanis Morrisette was on Nickelodeon's "You Can't Do That On Television"! (remember Red?). I nearly pulled off the answer to the question "What was He Man's real name?"....I knew it was Prince something....Grayskull? No, that was the castle....the answer was Prince Adam! SOOO close. Also-can YOU name all 4 of the Ninja Turtles? Donatello, Leonardo, Rafael and Michealangelo! Woo hoo! We also rocked on "Name That Tune" (hell yea, I know myself some Faith No More and Hootie and the Blowfish!) and we got 10 out of 10 on "Game Shows" (take that, Chuck Woolery.... "hey Richard Dawson, get back behind your podium where you belong"-what movie was that from?). "CD covers" sucked-do YOU know what the cover of U2's "Zooropa" CD looks like? Me either. I did, however get Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" correct.

There were prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and last. We knew the table next to us was gonna be last-it was full of old people who got 0 out of 10 on Name That Tune ( I really wasn't expecting them to recognize "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground). They were good sports about it though! My team finished a very respectable 7th out of 24. Not too shabby! I knew all my useless knowledge would come in handy some day.......

No comments: