Sunday, November 20, 2005

My ears are still ringing...

SUCH good times last night! Ivory Tiger rules! And, I believe it was the general consensus of all I talked to that they were better than Warrant! That's right, I said it! The new lead singer of Warrant is......scary. I WANT JANI LANE!!!!! What a fun evening. Ivory Tiger did their set first, complete with their very own groupies! My friend Carrie's husband told me he wanted to marry Ivory Tiger (He was pretty drunk when he said that, but I think he may have been serious....). By the time Warrant came on, I could no longer hear anything.

I saw Jon Bounds there! He is a good ol' Salem High School alum. His brother Benji was there too and his wife-they are in a band here in St. Louis too-Slapdragon, I believe they are called. Anyway, Jon looked hot, too bad he's married......I had my chance in high school! I remember what finally drove me to break up with him was his obsession with Def Leppard...oh, the irony.

Karen, how was going to work at 8am? You were cracking me up last night girl! I had so much fun with you. And thank your darling husband for trying so hard to hook me up! :) We had so much fun just dancing and singing. Uncle Jimmy was rockin the guitar. The band was totally in a groove last night. IVORY TIGER ROCKS!

The best part was before the show. Us girls went in together and got Robyn a Warrant/Cherry Pie t-shirt for her birthday. Then after the show.....we got the band to autograph it. It was the coolest thing ever! I'm still laughing thinking about it....

The people-watching at Stratford Inn/Ballroom is unlike any other. My friends and I were definitely the hottest chicks there. Unless you count the lady wearing flame pasties......I did have to tell one dude with a mullet and a do-rag tied around his head to not touch me. I was feeling my head because I was running a fever prior to the show (like that was gonna stop me from going!) and do-rag guy decided he would feel my head too...uh, no buddy, I don't dig strangers touching me. Especially strangers with mullets....

1 comment:

kim said...

Sweet! I heard it was a rockin' time. My sister got her picture taken with Warrant's drummer. I bet her fiance isn't too happy about that...

Love your blog, by the way...cracks me up!