Tuesday, December 13, 2005

WTF?

I'm having a WTF day. If you have to ask what that stands for, I'm not telling you! All day long, receiving strange crisis line calls (stranger than usual), getting asked lots of questions and not being not real sure of the answer (I absolutely hate not knowing the answer when at work. I realize I can't possibly know everything, but I'm a supervisor, so I need to be able to at least pretend I know the answer!). The best was a frequent caller who called in impersonating a police officer. It's like "dude, we know your voice, you call everyday. You are not Officer So and So". God I love the mentally ill! The good part of the day was meeting with some of my staff and hearing that they are happy with their jobs and happy with me as their supervisor. I think I needed to hear that today. I started to feel my stress level rise, and felt myself getting cranky-which I truly try to avoid. I caught it tho, took some deep breaths (thanks to someone's advice) and I was ok. I must also note, I am really happy to have JP back! We've missed you! Nice goatee dude! :)

No comments: