Sunday, December 11, 2005

I really should sleep more than four hours a night.

Ugh, being at work is kicking my butt today. I got home at 4:00am and was up by 8:00am. Why, you may ask? Well, not sure why I was up so early but I do know why I got home so late (early? whatever!). It was Ivory Tiger night in Granite City, IL. GOOD TIMES! Wow. Here is how my day went, sorry this may be more rambling than usual, I'm kinda delirious right now.

The day started at around 8:30am. Moving day! Robert arrived at the condo nice and early and we (and by "we" I mean Jon and Robert) began loading up my crap. Chloe had to be crated as her special kind of help was not wanted. Long story short on the big move-we finally got done around 6pm, I forgot the apartment keys at one point, I nearly had a breakdown (stress will do that to you), also forgot the key to the back door, the entertainment center did not fit up the stairs and the side of it fell off, it now looks quite fantastic sitting in the living room with pieces missing and nails sticking out. I don't care.

My girl Karen came over around 7:30 and helped me put my bed together-thank God, because I don't think I would have been able to do it myself at 4am. We then went to Denise's fund raiser event at some bar in Soulard. There, we watched a drag show/lip sync contest. It was freakin hilarious. That is, until I got, um...felt up by a drag queen. Good thing I don't embarrass easily....

We then proceeded to Granite City to see Ivory Tiger. SUCH good times. Eddie's totally reminds me of the bar in Salem. I felt right at home. So, speaking of not getting embarrassed easily, I got a public shout out from the band-I requested they play "Girl Don't Go Away Mad" by Motley Crue, which they did, Uncle Jimmy said "this ones for my neice Kerri"-the entire bar looks at me. Then Geo the bassist says "she's our neice too". Again, the whole bar looked at me....even that did not embarrass me. What did? Talking to a cute boy (what up, J?), that's what. I suddenly became retarded and couldn't carry on a conversation. I'm an idiot. Seriously. Anyway, after a few beers I was able to talk to him somewhat, I was so balsy, in fact, that I believe I told him "I still think you're hot". What? Who says crap like that?? Good times.

Seriously, my life is gonna make a great book someday. I may be the only person who reads it, but I'm sure I'll be entertained.

If anyone wants to come over and help me unpack, just let me know.....

No comments: